Career fair to be held at main campus Feb. 6

Back to Article
Back to Article

Zoe Anderson, Staff Reporter

For the first time in over a decade, MSHS will be holding a career fair during the school day.

Featuring over 50 professionals who are coming in to talk to students about what they do in their career, their education, training, and experiences within that field. The Career Fair is happening on Feb 6. during Pride Time, which has been modified to 9:05-10:30 a.m.

The fair will be held for main campus sophomores, juniors and seniors. Freshmen will be participating in a course fair at the freshman campus during the career fair time.

The professionals coming in range from natural resources, to education, to STEM fields.  The goal is to give students insight on possible careers, to give students a chance to see an insiders view on fields that they are interested in, and ask questions about that profession. 

Students can sign up for three different sessions that will be held in various classrooms throughout the main campus, using FlexiSched.  Students who do not sign up for sessions before Monday morning will be assigned to sessions by the career center.

In general, students expressed frustration with the FlexiSched signup system.

“I feel like it’s lacking structure; it seems like it’s going to be chaotic.” Hannah Stoddard said.

Despite the frustration with signups, many students viewed the career day as a positive event.

“I feel like it’s good for kids who don’t know what they’re doing. I would hope to get information and support on possible careers, scholarships and financial aid,” Bailey Windham said.